Released - 08/09/2023
Everything you need to play your first game of Magic: The Gathering is right here. Learn the essentials or teach your friends and family with the included Play Guide booklet, then enter the fray with two pre-built 60-card decks—Day of the Dragon (a Blue-Red deck) and Backup Beatdown (a Green-White deck). Each deck contains two Mythic Rare cards and six Rare cards, including 1 Traditional Foil Rare card, to turn the tide of battle and kick off your collection. This kit also includes 2 digital code cards to unlock both decks for two people to play online in Magic: The Gathering Arena (available on desktop and mobile). Each deck comes with a deck box, 2 double-sided tokens, and a reference card (Turn Order/Attacking & Blocking).
- LEARN TO PLAY MAGIC WITH A FRIEND—This 2-player kit is a fun, easy way to start playing Magic: The Gathering, with everything you need to play in one box, a How-to-Play Guide, plus an interactive online tutorial in Magic: The Gathering Arena
- A GAME THAT FUSES ART, STORIES & STRATEGY—Magic: The Gathering is a collectible card game that weaves deep strategy, gorgeous art, fantastical stories, and a thriving fan community all together into a card game experience like no other
- 2 READY-TO-PLAY DECKS—Get 2 decks that are ready-to-play right out of the box, each with its own play style—unleash fire-breathing dragons to do massive damage with the Day of the Dragon deck or build up an ever-more-powerful army to crush your opponent with the Backup Beatdown deck
- PLAY IN PERSON & ONLINE—In addition to physical decks, this kit includes codes for 2 people to unlock both decks to play online in MTG Arena, a digital way to play Magic; play on desktop or in the Arena mobile app
- RARE CARDS & SHINING FOILS—Each deck contains 2 Mythic Rare and 6 Rare cards to power up your decks and kick off your collection, including 1 Rare card in each deck that gleams with a gorgeous foil treatment
- ENDLESS FUN & EASY STORAGE—Store your decks in the 2 included deck boxes, then crack them out for one-on-one battles with friends and family that are never the same twice